Entry for:UNSW Science Photo Competition 2016
1. Tell us a little bit about your photo(s)
All these photos were taken within walking distance of UNSW (except for the slug, which was in Norway!). The area has an abundance of wildlife, and I spend as much time as I can seeking it out.
• Nankeen Kestrel, at Coogee (amazing, huh?!), calling for food from its father, which was returning with a lizard.
• A blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) in Kingsford.
• Female Lehtinelagia multopunctata, in Centennial Park.
• Grey-headed flying fox (Pteropus poliocephalus), Centennial Park, a female carrying one young.
• And a slug in Norway. I'm no good on Norwegian slugs, so someone might have to help me with the id!
All photographed in the past year.